Beginning Band Letter – This letter explains when to choose your instrument, how to get an instrument and when you need your instrument. See vendor information below.
Questions?? Look for your answers here (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here is a list of recommended private lesson teachers in the area (Private Lesson Teachers)
Reputable/Preferred Brands when renting/purchasing an instrument
- Flute – Gemeinhardt, Yamaha, Jupiter
- Clarinet – Yamaha, Selmer, Buffett
- Trumpet – Yamaha, Bach
- Trombone – Yamaha, Bach
- Percussion – Yamaha, Pearl -(Practice Pad/Bell Kit Combo)
Instruments that start later (these are not for beginners)
- Oboe – Yamaha, Fox, Buffet
- Bassoon – Provided by the School
- Alto Saxophone – Yamaha, Buffet, Selmer
- French Horn – Provided by the School
- Euphonium – Provided by the School
- Tuba – Provided by the School
Your Student will need the Tradition of Excellence, Book 1 (Red book).
We strongly recommend maintenance plan for all of the instruments.
We strongly recommend the care kit that accompanies Clarinets, Trumpets and Trombones.
- Central Instrument Company Flyer sent home
739 Portage Trail Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, 44221
(330) 928-6000 www.cicmusic.com
- Music & Arts (Formerly Motter’s Music) Flyer sent home
5228 Mayfield Rd, Lyndhurst, OH 44124
(440) 442-7470 www.mottersmusic.com
- Warren Henry Music 530 E. Washington St. Chagrin Falls, OH 44022